Fall is such a wonderful season as nature shows off its amazing colours! And isn’t it awesome that these great fall colours find their way into fashion as well. We’re loving the yellow trend that is on display this fall with a special emphasis on mustardy yellows.
Incorporating this trend into your accessories isn’t difficult. Check out these beautiful mustard yellow pieces:
A sure sign that Fall is quickly approaching is that I’m reaching for my boots more than my flip-flops. While I love the change of seasons, it can be a little tricky to negotiate the transition. The fluctuations in temperature can make it difficult to know how warmly to dress and can also affect when we pull out those fall colours.
I love that Red is one of those colours that bridges the seasons so well! It transitions brilliantly into fall, showing up as one of the hot colours for this fall. See it here. With an array of shades to choose from, it’s easy to move from summer to fall, looking fabulous. Choose Fair Trade pieces to help you incorporate this colour into your look and you’ll feel as fabulous as you look. Red handbags, jewelry and scarves are on sale this week at Jolica if you need something new and Fair Trade to brighten up your fall style.
We’re featuring sterling silver jewelry made by Fermin, a Peruvian jeweler, on the Jolica website this week. His products are among my all-time favourites for many reasons. Here are the top 5:
1. Fermin typically works with 95% silver. Sterling silver, by definition, is 92.5% silver and 7.5% another metal such as copper. Fermin chooses to work with a higher percentage of silver resulting in a final product that truly sparkles!
2. The designs are wearable. The products Fermin creates have a fabulous modern, urban vibe to them, making them perfect accessories for current trends.
3. The designs are unique. Fermin’s silver accessories attract positive attention. While they absolutely belong with today’s trends, they don’t just blend in and disappear; they take your style to another level.
4. The craftsmanship is excellent. Fermin is a master craftsman who ensures that he is proud of every piece that leaves his workshop.
5. He uses his business as a way to help his community. After meeting Fermin, what stayed with me was his deep compassion for the less fortunate in his neighbourhood. We stood on his rooftop and looked out over the community and he spoke about the needs of his neighbours, many of which are addressed with reliable, respectable work. Fair Trade is not a buzz word for him; they are words that express how important workshops like his are in neighbourhoods like his.
If you want see some of the products that Fermin makes, check out the Jolica website: www.jolica.com. Or watch this video to meet Fermin for yourself (virtually of course): http://youtu.be/GCs7lvTTWfc